Proof of motorcycle registration and motorcycle licence must be presented if requested.
TERMS OF AGREEMENT – CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION – REGISTRATION FORM
I apply to participate in the RIDEADV Event conducted by RIDE ADV in conjunction with Moto Connection Australia Pty Limited and its employees, officers, agents, contractors and any other third party involved in The Event (“The Event Provider”) and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of participation.
TO: The Event Provider
1) I acknowledge that motorcycle activities can be dangerous and that by engaging in these activities and participating in The Event I am exposed to and accept all risks and dangers including the risk of personal injury, disability, death and property damage. I acknowledge that The Event Provider has recommended that I obtain appropriate insurance (including ambulance cover) to cover such risks.
2) I agree that at all times during The Event use adequate and appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to a helmet approved by the Australian Standards Association and protective clothing including a suitable riding jacket and pants with armor (protective inserts at key points or knee guards or knee braces and/or fitted body armor) and protective full length off-road motorcycle boots and protective motorcycle gloves and that I shall comply with any other safety requirements specified by The Event Provider. Jeans and pants including Kevlar jeans without armour inserts are not suitable for this event. Work Boots or similar do not provide adequate protection when riding and are not appropriate or the expected conditions in this event. The Event Provider reserves the right to refuse participation in The Event for any Non Compliance with this requirement. However, I acknowledge that riding in appropriate protective riding gear is my sole responsibility.
3) Any motorcycle provided by me for use in accordance with and ridden in The Event shall be registered and supplied in a roadworthy and safe condition and shall comply with any requirements specified by The Event Provider. The Event Provider may instruct any participant to have their bike professionally scrutinized by an authorized dealer or mechanic prior to the event and at all times reserves the right to refuse participation in The Event if the condition of my motorcycle does not meet these requirements or pass inspection. The Event Provider recommends the use of road legal “off-road” knobby tyres in The Event. The motorcycle its maintenance and usage is my sole responsibility at all times during The Event.
4) The Event Provider reserves the right at any stage to forthwith evict me from The Event or refuse participation in any stage of The Event for any non-compliance by me of these terms and conditions of participation including any directions and or directives were given by the Event Provider and its employees, officers, agents and contractors. In such circumstance, it is at the absolute discretion of The Event Provider whether any refund of any fees will be provided.
5) I acknowledge that information relating to The Event will be made available prior to and during The Event via Event briefings, Event material distributed to participants, Event material available on The Event website at www.rideadv.com.au and daily route maps, GPS files or verbal instruction. I acknowledge it is my responsibility to attend Event briefings and familiarize myself with all such materials, use of my GPS, and acknowledge that The Event Provider may refuse my participation in The Event should I fail to attend an Event briefing or fail to comply with any requirements detailed in any Event briefing or materials provided
6) I acknowledge that I shall, whilst at The Event, be responsible for the operation and control of any motorcycle operated or ridden by me and at all times I shall operate the motorcycle in a safe manner. I hereby state that I am licensed to operate the motorcycle I am using during The Event and that my motorcycle license is current by law. I agree to operate my motorcycle in accordance with appropriate road rules, environmental and other prevailing conditions and in accordance with directions given by The Event Provider. I shall not operate the motorcycle under the influence of any drug or intoxicating substance or participate in any race or contest.
7) I indemnify and keep indemnified and save harmless The Event Provider, its employees, officers, agents, contractors and any other third party involved in The Event including but not limited to sponsors, land owners and lessees from and against all actions, claims, costs, expenses, and demands in respect of death, injury, loss of or damage to a person or property of any person including myself, spectators, guests, observers or other participators in The Event howsoever caused or arising out of or in connection with my attendance at The Event, including from but not limited to receiving instruction or direction from The Event Provider, its employees, officers, agents, contractors and any other third party involved in The Event.
8) I acknowledge that the route this event follows includes travelling through remote areas where medical or emergency support is limited and response time may be lengthy. I acknowledge that I have notified the Event Provider of any known medical conditions that are pertinent to me.
9) I understand that the road and trail conditions and environment of The Event route can change suddenly and The Event route may be altered accordingly or The Event may be cancelled or postponed or changed at the discretion of The Event Provider. I agree to follow any instructions provided by The Event Provider to take an alternate route including when deemed necessary for the safe completion and conclusion or cancellation of The Event.
10) I understand that navigation will be required to successfully complete The Event route. Navigation aids used and or provided by The Event Provider may include but are not limited to electronic files to be used by a GPS unit, daily route sheets with kilometre and turn instructions and maps, arrows, high visibility tape, paint and other physical markings along the route itself or verbal instructions. If I am not clear about the route to be followed I will seek assistance from The Event Provider and follow directions given by The Event Provider, its employees, officers, agents, contractors and any other third party involved in The Event.
11) I understand and agree that The Event Provider will remove any routes, tracks or files stored on my GPS prior to the loading of any new GPS (GPX) files provided by The Event Provider for use during The Event. I acknowledge if I have not previously backed up these files and data it may be lost.
12) If an accident or incident occurs at any time that involves injury to person or property, The Event Provider must be notified immediately.
13) Only those participants in possession of a valid riders license, which upon request can be inspected by The Event Provider, and those whom have paid The Event Fee in full shall be entitled to participate in The Event and a booking is not confirmed until full payment is received by The Event Provider.
14) It is acknowledged that The Event Provider may cap the number of participants on The Event even up to the day of The Event. In such case
15) The Event Provider reserves the right to postpone, terminate or cancel without notice The Event and to change the route at any time and that refund or compensation in whole or part of the fees paid is entirely at the discretion of The Event Provider and I agree to make NO claim for damages or consequential loss if any of the conditions herein contained are applied to The Event Provider, its employees, officers, agents, contractors and any other third party involved in The Event.
16) A participant may withdraw from The Event at any time by notifying The Event Provider in writing (email: email@example.com). In case of withdrawal, a cancellation fee calculated by reference to the registration fee is payable as follows:
• 0% if 61 days or greater notice is given prior to the commencement of The Event
• 25% if 31-60 days notice is given prior to the commencement of The Event
• 50% if 16-30 days notice is given prior to the commencement of The Event
• 100% if 15 days or less notice is given prior to the commencement of The Event
17) Accommodation bookings, arrangements and cancellations are my responsibility including any payments and penalties associated with my booking.
18) The Event Provider may at any time, transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to an alternative supplier.
19) The Event Provider collects personal information in order to conduct The Event. If the information requested is not provided, a participant may not be able to attend The Event. I agree that The Event Provider may use this personal information, or disclose it to other organizations, including RIDE ADV and Moto Connection Australia Pty Limited for future promotional and marketing purposes conducted by any of them.
20) I consent to The Event Provider using my name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting The Event and future Events and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by The Event Provider.