- This event has passed.
RideADV and Yamaha present the Outback, Flinders, Gammon Range, 10 days, 3 States 3900kms. March 2022
12th March, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 22nd March, 2022 @ 5:00 pm$2,999.00
This ride is open to all brands of Adventure bikes.
Come and see the Flinders Ranges, the NSW, QLD and SA outback with Australia’s Premier Adventure Riding Tour Company.
This is a fully supported navigation ride, open to all motorcycle brands.
Saturday 12th March 2022 – Condobolin Railway hotel sign on.
Getting ready for the start of a lifetime experience. Sign-in is between 11am and 5pm at the Railway Hotel, Condobolin, NSW – under the Destination Yamaha Flags.
During sign on, you get your GPS loaded for the entire trip. You will get your new tent, luggage tags and a gift bag. Pre-ordered tyres will be fitted by the crew, and other tyres ordered can be allocated and packed. All special requirements will be sorted.
There will be a Welcome Dinner and a riders briefing in the evening at the Railway Hotel (included in your entry fee)
- Railway Hotel – 6 Molong St, Condobolin, (02) 6895 2650
Day 1 – Sunday 13th March 2022, “Outback bound” South West to our Menindee camp site – Max fuel distance 320kms.
Condo to Menindee – 486 kms.
This Route travels through beautiful remote NSW outback stations and visits Ivanhoe for lunch and fuel. Our destination is just shy of Menindee, where, later on in the evening, our Dinner will be around the campfire under a million stars.
Free Trail snacks for the day will be provided when you sign out.
Lunch at Ivanhoe (shop, service station or pub)
Day 2 – Monday 14th March 2022, “Further west and more”– Max fuel distance 380kms.
Menindee remote camp to Yunta – 400kms
Your included Breakfast, lunch and trail snacks will be provided from the support truck in the morning before you sign out.
You will travel into Menindee and fuel, before pushing on west around the Menindee lakes, Lake Cawndilla, Lake Tandou and through Kinchega National Park. After that, we will travel through multiple outback stations, across the Silver City highway and further west into South Australia. After travelling through iconic remote stations, including Lilydale Station, we will arrive in Yunta. You can camp with the crew at the Yunta Recreational Park across the highway from the pub.
Dinner will be at the pub at your own expense.
Day 3 – Tuesday 15th March 2022, “Go north they cried”– Max fuel distance 300kms.
Yunta to Brachina Gorge Camp – 330kms
Lunch and trail snacks provided from the truck.
Our Route travels up past the Hotel ruins at Waukaringa. We again move through remote stations and into the lower end of the Flinders Ranges, before we head west to Hawker for fuel. From Hawker, we will continue to the Brachina Gorge camp.
Dinner will be under a million stars, breakfast and coffee at the truck in the morning.
Day 4 – Wednesday 16th March 2022, “Onto Akaroola” – Max fuel distance 320kms.
Brachina Gorge to Arkaroola – 221kms
Lunch and trail snacks provided from the truck.
We will be taking a scenic morning run to Arkaroola. The morning will include a break at Blinman. Once we get to our base camp at Arkaroola, the afternoon is yours. Those that wish to take an accommodation option, can do so (at your own expense). Those that wish to camp with the crew, your camping fees are included in your entry fee.
Dinner is at the ARKAROOLA WILDERNESS SANCTUARY Restaurant and Bar (at your own expense).
Day 5 – Thursday 17th March 2022, “Flinders Exploration” – Max fuel distance 300kms.
Today is optional. Should you want a rest day, you are free to do whatever you want to do, because it’s “Your Ride, your adventure”.
Breakfast is at your leisure if you are having the day off.
The rest of us will complete a magnificent 450km loop
We’ll be passing through some towns we’re sure you’ve all heard or read about – including Lyndhurst, Copley, Leigh Creek and Blinman for lunch. The afternoon will include the rock run into Arkaroola.
Dinner is again at the ARKAROOLA WILDERNESS SANCTUARY Restaurant and Bar (at your own expense).
Those going on the day loop will be provided with breakfast and trail snacks from the truck. Lunch will be on route.
Day 6 – Friday 18th March 2022, “Let’s get interstate” – Max fuel distance 395kms.
Arkaroola to Cameron Corner – 395kms
Today we head out from Akaroola across the top front edge of the Gammon Ranges. We will join the Strzelecki Track and travel up to Cameron Corner for an overnight stay.
Dinner is at the corner store and included in your entry fee.
Breakfast will be at the truck, You’ll also be provided with a lunch and trail snacks.
Day 7 – Saturday 19th March 2022, “Dog fences, gates and cattle stations” – Max fuel distance 430kms.
Cameron Corner to Packsaddle – 430kms
Our destination today is Packsaddle. We’ll overnight camp here at the Packsaddle Roadhouse. Those that wish to take an accommodation option, are free to do so (at your own expense). Those that wish to camp with the crew, your camping fees are included in your entry fee.
Our dinner is at the Packsaddle Roadhouse and is included in your entry fee. Make sure you take the time to have a good look through the Roadhouse as you down a coldy (soft or hard), there’s hundreds of examples of tools, hats and many other items from years gone by that adorn the rafters and walls. This is a terrific example of what you see at plenty of Outback Pubs throughout Australia.
Breakfast is also at the Roadhouse and again, is included in your entry fee. Lunch and trail snacks will again be provided.
Day 8 – Sunday 20th March 2022, “We are heading back I promise” – Max fuel distance 285kms
Packsaddle to Louth – 437kms
Our overnight camp will be across the Darling river from Shindy’s Inn at Louth. Those that wish to take an accommodation option, are free to do so (at your own expense).
We’re a month early for the Louth Races. While we’re here, maybe you can find out what ‘first’ took place not that far away from here that changed a particular chore forever on properties all over the country?
Those that wish to camp with the crew, your camping fees are included in your entry fee.
Dinner is at the Shindy’s Inn pub at your expense.
Breakfast at Packsaddle is again included in your entry. Trail snacks will also be provided from the truck.
Lunch will be at White Cliffs (at your own expense)
Day 9 – Monday 21st March 2022, “We’re nearly there” – Max fuel distance 295kms.
Louth to Nyngan, – 390kms
99kms to Bourke bakery for some morning tea. Then we’ll shadow the “Bogan River” in a southerly meander. Continuing on through the winter crops, before arriving at Nyngan for our final night away.
Camp will be at the Nyngan Riverside Tourist Park.
Dinner will be at the caravan park from the truck.
Breakfast, lunches and trail snacks from the truck.
Day 10 – Tuesday 22nd March 2022, “Home James” – Max fuel distance less than 200kms.
Nyngan to Condo, – 350kms
Out of Nyngan, we’ll go west, travelling through the geographic centre of NSW. After that, we’ll go to the famous “Rabbit Trap Hotel” for lunch (at your expense). Then, we’ll pass more winter crops, and into Trundle for our final on ride refreshment.
Finishing up in Condo, 80km later!
Breakfast and trail snacks will again be available from the truck.
Fun facts for this trip
Trip cost $2999.00
- 10 Days, 3900kms plus
- Everyone receives a tent, it’s yours to keep after the event. You need to provide your own mattress and sleeping gear.
- Everyone gets 80L of luggage space on the truck, anything more than that you will need to carry yourself. The support truck is a 16T 4×4 drive beast. It carries all the fridges, luggage, cooking gear, chairs, tables, quick-shades, bike spares, 800L of unleaded bike fuel, tyres, water, and more.
- Minimum fuel range of 430kms is required for this ride.
- All bikes should start with a new or near new chain, sprockets, brake pads and wheel bearings. Call TB if you have any questions.
- All bikes have to have at a minimum off-road style tyre of 75% off-road, 25% road, call TB if you have any questions.
- Tyres can be ordered through Tyres 4 Bikes at Dural and fitted at Condobolin if required, call Geoff or TB on 02 9651 1668.
- If you have any special dietary requirements please advise TB asap.
- The overnight stays at Arkaroola, Packsaddle, Louth and Nyngan you can seek alternative accommodation at your own expense if you wish.
- You must have ambulance cover and disclose any medical conditions that the crew should be aware of on your entry form.
- Remember you are in your riding gear all day, you get a shower every night. Keep your clothes to a minimum in a small weatherproof bag.
- Your 3-litre hydration backpack will carry the things you want/need for the day including your lunch
- Boots MX style with full ankle support is recommended.
- Be prepared and pack for a variety of temperatures. Average temperatures in July where we are headed are 0 to 25 degrees. Riding gear that is not only protective but weather resistant is important.
- We will have a secure parking location in / near Condo for those wishing to park their cars and trailers.
- RideADV will be able to transport a limited number of bikes to and from the event if required. All enquires please call TB on – 0499 089715
Any questions please contact TB on 0499 089715
RideADV, Yamaha Orange 2 Day Navigation Ride – 2 x Orange Navigation loop rides, 2nd & 3rd March 2024March 1 @ 3:00 pm - March 3 @ 4:00 pm
March 15 @ 3:00 pm - March 19 @ 4:00 pm
Intermediate Level Introduction to Adventure Riding, Proudly Presented by RideADV and Yamaha. Singleton to Tamworth and Return 6th / 7th April 2024April 5 @ 4:00 pm - April 7 @ 4:00 pm