- This event has passed.
9 Day Epic Outback Experience, 4th – 13th August 2019
4th August, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 13th August, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$2,395.00
RideADV and Yamaha bLU cRU Team Up to Present:
9 Day Epic Outback Experience, 4th – 13th August 2019
Come and see the Outback with Australia’s Premier Adventure Riding Tour Company, this is a fully supported navigation ride open to all motorcycle brands.
Sunday Silverton Caravan Park 4th August 2019. Getting ready for the start of a lifetime experience. Sign-in is between 11am and 3pm at the van park Penrose Park Rd, Silverton under the Yamaha bLU cRU flags. During sign on you get your GPS loaded for the entire trip, you will get your tent, luggage tags, gift bag etc. Pre-ordered tyres will be fitted by the crew, and other tyres ordered can be allocated and packed. All special requirements will be sorted. There is no fuel in Silverton, make sure your bike is full of when you leave Broken Hill. There will be a welcome dinner and riders briefing that evening at the Silverton Hotel. Camp fees included.
Monday day 1 – 5th August, “Outback bound”
Silverton to Packsaddle and up to Tibooburra to refuel (your expense). Distance to fuel stop 385kms Breakfast, lunch and trail snacks for the day will be provided before you sign out. Dinner will be around the campfire. Route travels through beautiful remote outback NSW stations and visits Milparinka and Tibooburra. From there we will travel to our campsite north of the QLD/NSW border. Refuel at camp that night from the support truck included.
Tuesday day 2 – 6th August, border camp to Arrabury Road Junction Camp
Border camp to Junction camp sees you travel around 185kms through the Santos Oil and gas fields to Innamincka. Top up your fuel at Innamincka (your expense), check out the Cooper Creek common area before heading to the Dig Tree. Innamincka to Arrabury Road junction camp via the Dig Tree is around 190kms. Breakfast, lunch, trail snacks for the day will be provided. Dinner will be around the campfire under a million stars. Refuel at camp that night from the support truck included.
Wednesday day 3 – 7th August, Arrabury Road to Birdsville, 2 options
Breakfast, lunch and trail snacks provided for both routes.
Option A – Cordillo Downs and Cadelga Ruins (Harder)
Route travels through Cordillo downs visiting Australia’s largest shearing shed before visiting the famous Cadelga Ruins. The Cordillo downs road has at times been known as bone-rattling adventure on a track infamous for its relentlessly rocky surface in the expansive gibber plains it traverses. Once you get to Birdsville you need to fuel (your expense) and sign-in. Camp will be at Birdsville caravan park x 2 nights. Camp fees included in your entry. BBQ dinner with the crew included.
Option B – Arrabury Camp to Birdsville (Easier)
Route travels up through QLD to the Birdsville development road to Birdsville. Enjoy a stop at the reopened Betoota Hotel. Fuel up in Birdsville (your expense) Camp will be at Birdsville caravan park x 2 nights. Camp fees included in your entry. BBQ dinner with the crew included.
Thursday day 4 – 8th August, try the Desert Day.
It’s your day, you can rest up, visit local sites, go to the pub, have a camel pie, ride out to Big Red or try the desert. Try the desert, strip down your bike and head to Poeppel Corner if you can make it (175kms each way). Visit the corner marker and return to Birdsville for dinner. We will have sweeps and support vehicle in the desert to offer any assistance if required.
Breakfast and dinner is on you tonight in Birdsville while our crew is either heading out or returning from the desert. Packed lunches and trail snacks will be provided for those heading into the desert. There will be a ride out to the big red tour to watch the sunset this evening.
Rules for desert safety:
- You will need to sign out and back in so we know who is out there
- Sign out starts at 6 am sharp
- You must turn around at 12 pm sharp to head back to Birdsville
Friday day 5 – 9th August, the Birdsville track like Tom Kruse
The day’s route is an easy 315km run down the Birdsville track to Mungerannie Hotel for lunch. We will leave Mungerannie for a remote overnight camp.
Breakfast in Birdsville is at your expense as is lunch at Mungerannie. Trail snacks will be provided from the support truck when you are leaving Birdsville. There will be a side trip to Warburton creek for those interested.
Saturday day 6 – 10th August, into Marre onto Lynhurst and up the Strzelecki
Into Maree first thing in the morning, if you want to grab a flight over Lake Eyre nows the time. Breakfast and trail snacks will be provided from the support truck. Lunch you can grab at Farina before continuing to the remote overnight camp. Dinner will be around the campfire with over a million stars watching you. Refuel at camp that night from the support truck included.
Sunday day 7 – 11th August, onto Cameron Corner
The days route takes us up the Strzelecki track. From there over the Merty Merty rollers and onto Cameron Corner. A shorter day allowing you to rest up, check out the corner post, dingo fence, play golf in 3 states or hold up the bar. Camping fees are included. Breakfast, trail snacks and light lunch will be provided. Dinner and refuel at the corner store at your expense.
Monday day 8 – 12th August, along the fence
Cameron Corner to Pine View Station through 50 plus gates! With over 50 possible gates that could be shut you need to get into a team and work together. (Note of the 50 plus travelled through on the pre-run only 15 were shut) Pine View is a remote cattle station open to the traveling public. All camp fees, meals etc are included. Refuel at camp that night from the support truck included. Pine View staff will also talk about country life and share some funny stories that evening.
Tuesday day 9 – 13th August, back to civilisation (or is it)
Pine view station to Silverton, an easy dirt road and track run back. Group photo at Silverton would be great. The crew is staying in Silverton that evening and will be having dinner and refreshments everyone is welcome to join us.
Fun facts for this trip
- Trip cost $2395.00
- Everyone receives a tent, it’s yours after the event. You need to provide your own mattress and sleeping gear.
- Everyone gets an 80L luggage space on the truck, anything more than that you will need to carry yourself. The support truck is a 16T 4×4 drive beast. It carries all the fridges, luggage, cooking gear, chairs, tables, quick-shades, bike spares, 800L of unleaded bike fuel, tyres, water, and more.
- Minimum fuel range of 400kms is required for this ride.
- All bikes should start with a new or near new chain, sprockets, brake pads and wheel bearings. Call TB if you have any questions.
- All bikes have to have at a minimum off-road style tyre of 75% off-road, 25% road, call TB if you have any questions.
- Tyres can be ordered through Tyres 4 Bikes at Dural and fitted at Silverton if required, call Geoff or TB on 02 9651 1668.
- If you have any special dietary requirements please advise TB asap.
- The overnight stays at Birdsville, Mungerannie and Cameron Corner you can seek alternative accommodation at your own expense.
- You must have ambulance cover and disclose any medical conditions that the crew should be aware of on your entry form.
- Remember you are in your riding gear all day, you get a shower every night. Keep your clothes to a minimum in a small weatherproof bag.
- A 3-litre hydration backpack will carry the things you want/need for the day including your lunch
- Boots MX style with full ankle support is recommended.
- Be prepared and pack for a variety of temperatures. Average temperatures in Birdsville for August are 5 to 25 degrees. Riding gear that is not only protective but weather resistant is important.
- You can park your car at the caravan park for the 9 days we are away for $8 per day, you need to organise that with the caravan park – (08) 8088 5307
All enquires please call TB on – 0499 089715
RideADV, Yamaha Orange 2 Day Navigation Ride – 2 x Orange Navigation loop rides, 2nd & 3rd March 2024March 1 @ 3:00 pm - March 3 @ 4:00 pm
March 15 @ 3:00 pm - March 19 @ 4:00 pm
Intermediate Level Introduction to Adventure Riding, Proudly Presented by RideADV and Yamaha. Singleton to Tamworth and Return 6th / 7th April 2024April 5 @ 4:00 pm - April 7 @ 4:00 pm