- This event has passed.
7 Day NSW Outback River Run, 8th – 15th August 2020
8th August, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 15th August, 2020 @ 5:00 pm$2,495.00
OPEN TO ALL BRANDS AND MAKES
RideADV are Proud to Present:
7 Day NSW
Outback , Darling River Run, Bivouac Experience,
8th – 15th August 2020
Come and see Outback NSW, Iconic NSW locations, the Darling River and much more with Australia’s Premier Adventure Riding Tour Company, this is a fully supported navigation ride open to all motorcycle brands.
Sat 8th August 2020 – Sign on, Dubbo,
Get ready to start your experience of a lifetime! Sign-in is between 11am and 4pm at Yamaha Dubbo, 20 Blueridge Drive, Dubbo NSW.
During sign on, you get your GPS loaded for the entire trip, you will get your luggage tags and your participant gift bag. Pre-ordered tyres (see “fun facts for this trip” at the end of this itinerary) can be fitted by Dubbo Yamaha. Crew trained technicians will check over your ride, at final pre-event inspection. All special requirements will be sorted. Please make sure your bike is full of fuel and ready for an early start in the morning. There will be a welcome dinner at 6pm (included in your entry) that evening, at the Devil’s Hollow Brewery. The riders briefing will be after this dinner. The nights accommodation is at your discretion.
Sunday Day 1 – 9th August,
Dubbo to Condobolin. Breakfast (included in your entry), will be at Dubbo Yamaha, before you sign out. Breakfast will start at 7am.
Sign out and ride away will be completed by 8.15am.
Fuel and lunch stop at Tomingley (your expense)
The Sunday evening dinner, which is included in your entry, will be around the campfire at Gumlake camp ground, just out of Condobolin. You can stay in town if you want (your expense), however, you must attend the riders briefing that evening at 7.30pm regardless of where you stay. (The camp site is around 3kms from town)
Monday Day 2 – 10th August, Condo to Menindee
Condo to Menindee remote camp site. Breakfast (included in your entry), at the camp site before we leave. Todays route travels through some beautiful remote outback NSW stations and visits the towns of Ivanhoe and Roto, the birthplace of Australia’s’ own Toby Price. Lunch and fuel can be obtained at Ivanhoe (your expense)
Our campsite will be outside of Menindee, either in the common area or the Menindee Lakes (if the camping area is reopened by then). Dinner (included in your entry) and the riders briefing will be around the campfire under a million stars. Breakfast (also included) will be at camp in the morning.
Tuesday Day 3 – 11th August, Menindee to Packsaddle (via Broken Hill and Silverton)
The route travels up through some beautiful country, along endless twin trail to Broken Hill. Grab a coffee and fuel and continue to the Silverton Pub for lunch (your expense). From there, you’ll travel past the Mundi Mundi lookout, seen in the movie, Mad Max. Then we’ll be travelling through station tracks and roads all the way to Packsaddle. Camping will be on the Packsaddle roadhouse grounds. Packsaddle’s showers and all facilities will be open for all riders. Dinner and breakfast here in the Packsaddle roadhouse are included in your entry. The riders briefing will be after dinner. If you are quick, you maybe able to grab some accommodation here, but be warned, they have limited room numbers. Don’t forget to Fuel when you arrive please (your expense).
Wednesday Day 4 – 12th August, Packsaddle to Tilpa (via White Cliffs)
Todays’ route again travels through many stations to White Cliffs, where we’ll be lunching and fueling (your expense). Check rocky outcrops and local sculptures on route during the day. After lunch we continue on. Next, make sure you stop and check out the iconic Tilpa pub on the Darling river. Maybe even quench your thirst with a sneaky frosty fizzy drink. After Tilpa, you’ll parallel with the Darling River to the town of Louth. Please Fuel (your expense) before you head over to the campsite across the levy bank. Dinner will be at the Tilpa Pub in 3 seatings. The pub is the shortest walk from the camp and is included in your entry. The evenings riders briefing will be after dinner at camp.
Thursday Day 5 – 13th August, Tipla to Lightning Ridge
Todays’ route is a run up to Bourke for a pie and fuel (your expense). From there we will zig and zag our way to Lightning Ridge for the evening. Lightning Ridge is the opal capital of NSW, and it’s also a great opportunity to enjoy the natural hot baths and other local attractions. The riders briefing will be as early as possible, so you are free to enjoy yourself in Lightning Ridge that evening, as it’s a free evening. The camp site will be close to town (TBA). You can source accommodation if you wish (your expense).
Friday Day 6 – 14th August, Lightning Ridge to Bush camp
The route for day 6 goes through to Collarenebri for a lunch and fuel stop (your expense). This is an awesome days riding through channel country and we’ll be crossing the Barwon River many times before visiting the township of Piliga. The day finishes with a run through the iconic Piliga forest signing in at our remote campsite. Dinner will be at the camp site, briefing will be after dinner.
Saturday Day 7 – 15th August, Piliga Camp to the finish
Breakfast (included in your entry), will be at the camp and then we will launch for a short lazy 250kms to the finish in Dubbo.
Facts for this trip
- Trip cost $2495.00
- Everyone gets space for their tent or swag plus 80L of luggage space on the truck. (anything more than that you will need to carry yourself).
- We can accommodate swags if you don’t want to bring a tent. Yes, you can bring your swag. (definition of a swag) a curtain or piece of fabric fastened so as to hang in a drooping curve. No ridiculous oversized double swags please
- The support truck is a 16T 4×4 drive beast with a trailer. It carries all the fridges, luggage, cooking gear, chairs, tables, quick-shades, bike spares, tyres, water, and more.
- Hot showers every night and barista coffee every morning
- We provide all dinners (expect L/Ridge), all breakfasts, camp oven dampers and pre-arranged catered dinners at various locations.
- Minimum fuel range of 350kms is required for this ride.
- All bikes should start with a new or near new chain, sprockets, brake pads and wheel bearings. Call TB if you have any questions.
- All bikes have to have at a minimum off-road style tyre of 75% off-road, 25% road, call TB if you have any questions. 0499 089715
- Tyres can be ordered from Dubbo Yamaha. Tyres can be fitted by Dubbo Yamaha on Saturday morning the 8th. Call Josh at Dubbo Yamaha : (02) 6882 2888
- If you have any special dietary requirements please advise TB.
- The overnight stays at Dubbo, Condobolin, Louth and Packsaddle have accommodation close by (if you are quick enough, at your own expense).
- You must have Ambulance Cover and disclose any Medical Conditions that the Crew should be aware of on your entry form.
- Remember you are in your riding gear all day, you get a shower every night. Keep your clothes to a minimum in a small weatherproof bag.
- A 3-litre hydration backpack will carry the things you want/need for the day including your lunch
- Boots MX style with full ankle support is recommended.
- Be prepared and pack for a variety of temperatures. Average temperatures in August are 5 to 30 degrees. It is important that your Riding Gear is not only protective, but weather resistant!
- Free secure parking for your car in Dubbo (included)
- RideADV do have hire bikes for this trip if you wish to bring a friend or hire one yourself
- Places will be limited!
- We offer a Personal Experience – you aren’t one of 100’s to us!
- RideADV can transport your bike from Sydney to Dubbo and return if you require. Call TB 0499 089715.
- RideADV workshop can complete your pre-ride bike preparation if required, contact TB on – 0499 089715
All enquiries please call TB on – 0499 089715
RideADV, Yamaha Orange 2 Day Navigation Ride – 2 x Orange Navigation loop rides, 2nd & 3rd March 2024March 1 @ 3:00 pm - March 3 @ 4:00 pm
March 15 @ 3:00 pm - March 19 @ 4:00 pm
Intermediate Level Introduction to Adventure Riding, Proudly Presented by RideADV and Yamaha. Singleton to Tamworth and Return 6th / 7th April 2024April 5 @ 4:00 pm - April 7 @ 4:00 pm